Monday, May 9, 2011

It's not funny till you do the math

So I was looking at my bill and decided to look for a new cell rpovider.. I was knocking around on Sprint's sight when I saw this:


What if I don't get a Data pack?

You'll be charged 3¢/KB. Be careful! Extra charges can add up fast, especially if you watch TV or listen to streaming music on your phone.


Did ya catch that 3 cents per KB? That's $3 for 300KB (a decent sized picture or doc file) and $30 for 1 megabyte. Ya.. Be fucking careful when watching TV shows and listening to music. That new Ludacris song is gonna cost you $90 to listen to. Streaming an episode of Fringe for 42 minutes would probably be around $3000.00. Should I buy a used car or see what Mulder and Skully 2.0 are up to. Watch the season or buy a FUCKING HOUSE??????

Ya, it's probably a typo, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it wasn't

Just in case you aren't up on all that B, KB, MB stuff
1 KB (Kilobyte) = 1024 bytes mostly everyone rounds to 1000
1 MB (Megabyte) = 1024 KB mostly everyone rounds to 1000

so if
1KB = $0.03 cents
100KB = $3.00
1MB = $30.00
Typically an MP3 from amazon.com runs around 3MB. download that through Sprint's 3cents per KB system and 3000KB (3MB) worth of music costs $90.


Is it fucked up that I kind of hope it isn't a typo?

No comments:

Post a Comment